We understand your priorities
The Grand Haven Board of Light & Power is one of more than 2,000 community-owned electric utilities serving homes and businesses across the United States. We are locally-controlled by a five-member Board of Directors elected by Grand Haven residents with approximately 13,500 customers in the greater Grand Haven area.
Since 1896, our mission is to be customer and community-focused, while providing long-term, reliable electric service at the lowest practical cost. We are a not-for-profit company, and every paid bill is an investment in the Grand Haven community.
The BLP has two electric generating facilities, six substations, and approximately 220 miles of electric distribution lines. We employ 68 dedicated people in a variety of skilled utility jobs - each committed to being environmentally responsible.
Our goal is to provide responsive, dependable, and courteous electrical service of the highest quality at the lowest practical cost.
Our Mission Is...
To be the preferred provider of electrical and other utility services and to benefit...
- Our customers by providing responsive, dependable, and courteous service of the highest quality at competitive rates.
- Our fellow workers by promoting cooperation, teamwork, innovation, open communications, and a safe work environment.
- Our community by being a responsible corporate citizen and demonstrating environmental stewardship.
We are committed to conducting business in a prudent manner to maintain financial strength, meet our obligations to those we serve, and maintain public trust.
Our value to our customers, fellow workers, and community depends on how well we accomplish our mission.
An environment where each of us...
- is customer-focused,
- always does our best,
- respects all others,
- is responsible for our actions,
- is open to change,
- continually strives for improvement,
- works cooperatively as a team member,
- is open with information,
- trusts and is trustworthy, and
- recognizes and is recognized for performance.
GRAND HAVEN BOARD OF LIGHT & POWER
Community Owned. Locally Controlled. Not-For-Profit. Environmentally Responsible.
1700 Eaton Drive • Grand Haven, Michigan 49417
Phone (616) 846-6250 • Fax (616) 846-3114