Conserving energy helps keep the cost of electricity down for everyone. When customers use electricity more efficiently, generation can be more cost-effective. This reduces the cost to make electricity, which then reduces the cost of using electricity. You can do your part. Here are some tips:
- Use energy intensive appliances during off-peak hours (between 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.)
- Make sure your home is well-insulated
- Caulk windows
- Turn off lights that are not in use
- Set your thermostat higher in the summer and lower in the winter
- Purchase energy efficient appliances, Click for details on our Energy Smart Program and rebate application.
- Use space heaters on a limited basis
Did you know…Energy Saver offers a FREE definitive guide to saving energy in 2017?
Click book cover to download the complete guide.